Friday 20 May 2016

Talisker bay

Most of my swims stories take place in the Scotland holiday in 2012. And so is this one:
Arriving on the Isle of Skye we drove to Talisker bay (yeah, where that distillery is). We had booked a room in a bunkhouse next to the water. That also meant a lot of smidges. It is really annoying, but nothing you can do about it.


I put on my wetsuit and started my small evening swim. It was great to see the sun going low in the sky and the warm light it creates. Talisker bay lay qiet and peaceful. There was one sailingboat stopping for the night. As you know, I like to have a point where to swim to. So I swam to the boat and had a nice chat with the people on board.
Coming back, my sister sat on the shore, contant aswell with the look over the bay. It was dinner time and nothing could fit more than grilled fish...











Talisker bay, Isle of Skye, Scotland
we stayed in:


No comments :

Post a Comment

Designed by DigitalBeautiful